Kevin Lasit is the writer and director of the indie movie, back2one. He is an optioned screenwriter and is currently working with film producer Brian Frankish, Edward James Olmos and Komixx Entertainment on a story he wrote titled Wishland. Kevin has been working in the entertainment industry for thirty years. He has been featured on national television shows, independent movies, commercials, print, industrials, and voice over work. He also teaches acting for children and adults. He has directed and choreographed numerous productions. Kevin has toured with Kaiser Permanente's Educational Theatre Programs for ten years as a Performer Educator, Director and Program Coordinator. In his tenure, he directed and revised shows such as Nightmare on Puberty St., and Peace Signs which Kevin re-wrote for 2004-2006. ETP has seen millions of students Nation wide. He was the Theatrical Director and Choreographer for the Newark Memorial Choir Program in CA for twelve years and is currently the drama director for Sandwich High School's Knights Theatre Company. Kevin Lasit offers private acting and group lessons as well. His students have been seen on feature films, music videos, national television shows and Broadway. Welcome to his web site.
- Kevin Lasit and his first option for a screenplay.
- back2one movie premiere is covered by the Sandwich Enterprise.
- Wishland made the quarter finals in the 2009 Cynosure Screenwriting Competition in Los Angeles, but did not advanced into the semi-finals. "Thank you Andretta Hamilton for this opportunity. It was an honor to get this far into the competition."
- Kevin's screenplay, WISHLAND, made the FINALS in the 2008 Kairos Prize for Spiritually Uplifting Screenplay Competition. Wishland was in the top 12 scripts, but unfortunately did not win any of the three prizes. "Thank you Michael Trent, Movieguide and the Templeton Foundation for this amazing opportunity and I look foward to entering another script next year. Thanks to all my family and friends for the support and prayers. Congrats to the three winners." For more info go to my writer's blog.
- Kevin's screenplay, BOYS' DAY OUT, made it to the quarter finals in the Expo 5 2006 Screenwriting Competition! Over 2400 scripts were entered into the competition this year. Kevin's script made the top 200. Check out Kevin's video blog for more details. Thank you all for the support and congratulations to all the 20 semifinalists.